));
RSS

This Ish is Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Like I've said before, this is SO not a cooking blog. However, from time to time I like to post up recipes that I invent or try or that I think sound good.






Today's Treasure: Cinnamon-Caramel Banana Pancakes





The other night, I wanted to make my husband a dessert after dinner. I know he's never had American pancakes before so I was like, "Perfect! I'll make some jazzy pancakes! Wait...I've never made them from scratch before." Of course I go to the online cooking wonderland, aka allrecipes.com and found a REALLY good recipe for them. I made them with a few modifications and they turned out sooo good.  


I figured, hmmm...pancakes are good but there's no syrup in Morocco. There IS, however, a full bottle of home-made "honey" from my honey's mom. Let's be realistic here: it's basically like a syrup-y sugar-water concoction that's surprisingly delicious. Ok, so keep that in mind.


First-time pancakes FER SHER need something on top. Apples? Don't have any. Blueberries? Never seen them in Morocco. Strawberries? Not their time. Thinking, thinking, thinking...how about bananas? Great idea! I cut 2 small nanners up and sauteed them with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. (Super healthy). 












Then I poured a little honey on the pancakes individually and gently slid the bananas from the pan to the top of the stack.  Earlier, I told my huz not to come in the kitchen and to just relax in the tv room. Of course, he did not object to that. Then I come in with this plate full of fluffy, sponge-y, cinnamon-y, banana, caramel-y goodness and his eyes lit up like, "whaaaaaa?"


We both shared this for dessert and I have to say....AMAZING. You should really try making it. Just put a little butter, cinnamon, and sugar with the bananas in a pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until the "juice" gets carmelized. Seriously bomb.










  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Marie Loerzel said...

Sounds delish! I just got some strawberries yesterday here in Rabat and from time to time you can score maple syrup at the Marjane here in town (you know the next time you're here in the big city). Although it totally sounds like you scored with hubby without all that stuff. Wink...wink.